Senior Mechanical Engineer
Warwick Office based with Overseas travel and extended in-country support opportunities.
Experienced / Senior Mechanical Engineer (£35,000-£50,000 per annum)
BTEC HNC/HND, Masters level (working towards Chartered) or equivalent professional Experience essential
CAD proficient with Solidworks 2022 experience of benefit
As our Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be supporting the growth of the business through proficient and innovative design and development across its product and client portfolio.
Responsibilities will include:
Design and Development of automotive platforms to meet SRD or project specifications.
- Analysing problems and developing ideas and designs to solve them.
Creation of detailed CAD models of vehicles and complex sub-systems.
Locate and evaluate components and systems for integration into project vehicles.
Developing design prototypes and engaging in the DV Test and trials processes.
Work closely with project staff to achieve deadlines.
Working within the budget to deliver safe and efficient products on time.
Allocating resources and time effectively.
Analysing data, and preparing reports and presentations for internal and external meetings.
Engage with supply chain, test facilities and other external resources.
Networking and collaborating with other engineers and professionals.
Liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
Attending and hosting peer review meetings and providing input and updates.
Communicating with staff, directors, and clients.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in designing Specialist vehicles essential
- Knowledge of Powertrain integration of benefit
- Knowledge of conventional and composite Armour solutions and materials a benefit.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Good teamworking skills
- The ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- A high level of computer literacy, particularly computer-aided design
- Good commercial awareness
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good problem-solving skills and a creative approach for new ideas