Warwick Office based.
Junior CAD Technician (£15,500-£19,500 per annum)
BTEC/C&G Certificate Minimum
SolidWorks 2022 Experience Essential
Supporting the technical office in the preparation and creation of detailed manufacturing drawings and data across the organisation’s expanding portfolio of products, your responsibilities will include:
Producing detailed drawing packs and bills of materials from CAD models.
Following specifications and calculations to create various technical drawings.
Preparing both rough sketches and detailed work with CAD systems.
Assisting Senior Engineers with detailing CAD models.
Performing calculations for materials and weight limitations.
Communicating with supplier and client engineering teams and incorporating knowledge gained into drawings.
Preparing, reviewing and redrafting alongside the engineering team.
Ensuring final designs are compliant with regulations and the company’s ISO Integrated management systems.
Identifying and communicating potential design problems to the rest of the team.
Updating drawings and BoM during build and development activities.
Updating and auditing the change control registers.
Assist the team with testing and development of vehicles and sub-systems in both the UK and Overseas.
Skills and Experience
- A sound knowledge of engineering design principles
- Good numeracy and computer skills
- Good communication skills
- A knowledge of material properties
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods
- Experience of producing weld maps
- Good problem-solving skills
- Creative flair
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to meet deadlines.