Quality Assurance Manager
UK-based. Hybrid working optional, commutable to Warwick on a regular basis.
Quality Assurance / Integrated Systems Manager
QSHE Professional with demonstratable experience of leading improvements across an IMS to ISO9001/14001/45001. Will be able to demonstrate systems development, auditing and coaching experience, ideally in Defence, Military Automotive or Aerospace manufacturing, with a positive approach and keen eye for detail. Likely to hold Chartered status with organisations such as IEMA, IOSH or CQI, or be working towards one or more.
An experienced Quality Assurance Manager is required to lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team across the business and strategic partnerships in our supply chain; developing relationships to give clarity, whilst developing digital platform for Quality Assurance, Compliance and Control of our innovative products and services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Nominally projects involve defence and security products, with a majority involving specialist vehicles.
- Working closely with Senior Engineers, Project staff and Strategic Partners to ensure quality decisions support operations.
- Ensuring conformance to appropriate standards of production, testing and compliance requirements.
- Engaging directly at a management level with internal and client teams to shape and maintain budgets and forecast expenditure.
- Devise and implement auditing and inspection requirements in a digital space to enable real time oversight of products in build.
- To lead the quality team, management reviews, investigations and present data to stakeholders.
- Subject matter expert on OSH, Environmental and Quality systems, taking a lead on Sustainability, GHG, Life Cycle and Carbon Capture.
- Examine and test existing contracts and support supplier audits in line with our IMS.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expense, improve effectiveness, minimise non-conformances and thereby reduce the overall costs of Quality.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- To be the BSI Point of Contact for Third Party Audits.
Skills and Experience
- Flexibility, willingness, and ability to adapt to change.
- Coach, presenter, facilitator, analytical and creative, with the ability to share the relevant information with others.
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate and co-ordinate cross-functional team to include PMO, PMs, Test and Trials Engineers, Mechanical Engineers,
- Knowledge of a wide range of interests such as; Human factors, COSHH, REACH, Process Safety, Safety Cases, Functional Safety, 5 Whys, 8D, NPI and PPAP/PQAP, Incident investigation and presenting Lessons Learned.
- Experience in Military, Defence, Automotive or Aerospace fields.
- History of managing Integrated Management Systems to ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2018, ISO45001:2015
- Recognised Chartered and Auditing Qualifications, or willingness to work towards one.