UK based – Hybrid working optional – commutable to Warwick on a regular basis
Senior Procurement Lead / Procurement manager
Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply CIPS accredited (Working towards or equivalent professional experience)
Lean Sourcing Processes Essential
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Lead to manage the company’s supply of products and services through strategising to find cost-effective deals and suppliers so that the company can invest in growth and people.
Nominally projects involve defence and security products, with a majority involving specialist vehicles.
Working closely with Senior Engineers and Project staff to locate, maintain and develop supply chain for multiple projects.
Ensuring the timely delivery of components and systems to meet schedules and program budgets.
Engaging directly at a management level with internal and client teams to maintain budgets and forecast expenditure.
Devise and implement VE/VA and LEAN sourcing strategies across the supply chain.
Support the company-wide selection and implementation of a multisite ERP/MRP system.
Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organisation partnerships.
Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
Finalise purchase details of orders and deliveries.
Examine and test existing contracts and support supplier audit in line with our ISO 9001 IMS.
Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
Skills and Experience
- Flexibility, willingness and ability to adapt to change
- Persuasive presenter, facilitator and negotiator
- Able to monitor and scan external sources of data and share the relevant information with others.
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate and co-ordinate cross-functional teams
- Technical knowledge of Vehicle Systems and or Specialist Equipment
- Experience in Military, ILS procurement and Support
- History of Procurement within ISO & AQAP supply chain environments